The aim of the CPL(A) course is;
• To train pilots to the level of proficiency necessary for the issue of a CPL(A), and any further aerial work training that the applicant wishes to receive, excluding flight instructor training and instrument rating instruction.
• To train pilots to the level of proficiency necessary to enable them to operate as co-pilot or pilot-in-command in commercial air transportation or in any other operator.
• To train pilots to the level of proficiency necessary to enable them to operate as pilot-in-command on single-engine aeroplanes in commercial air transportation.
Pre-Entry Requirements :
Below mentioned requirements shall be met in order to undergo Commercial Pilot Licence Training:
• Before commencing a CPL(A) modular course an applicant shall be the holder of a PPL(A) issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1;
• An applicant shall have completed 150 hours flight time as a pilot in accordance with JAR-FCL 1.155; and
• An applicant shall have complied with JAR–FCL 1.225 and 1.240 if a multi-engine aeroplane is to be used on the skill test and shall obtain following documents:
• Trainee Application Form
• Medical Fitness Report from a hospital approved by DGCA-TR / Copy of Medical Certificate (JAR-FCL Class I) , Blood Type Certificate
• Judicial Record & Previous Conviction Document by Ministry of Justice from own country (only for International Student Pilots)
• Passport Photocopy (In colour, readable) (only for International Student Pilots)
• Residence Permission Document from police center-foreigners division (only for International Student Pilots)
• Certificate of Graduation or Diploma (Highschool/University, Piloting License)
• Certificate of English Language Knowledge (in notarized document form)
• 16 Passport-Size Photograph
• PPL and Medical Certificate
Minimum age ( J AR–FCL 1.140) : An applicant for a PPL(A) shall be at least 18 years of age.
Educational Requirements : Applicant shall be the holder of at least “High School Degree” or equivalent which is approved by Turkish Ministry of National Education (MEB).
Medical fitness JAR–FCL 1.145: An applicant for a CPL(A) shall hold a valid Class 1 medical certificate from a hospital authorized by DGCA-TR.
Experience and Crediting (JAR–FCL 1.155):
• Experience: An applicant for a CPL(A) who is not a graduate from an integrated flying training course shall have completed as a pilot on aeroplanes having a certificate of airworthiness issued or accepted by a JAA Member State at least 200 hours of flight time.
• Crediting: From the 200 hours of flight time:
• An applicant holding a Course Completion Certificate for the Basic Instrument Flight module, as set out in Appendix 1 to JARFCL 1.205, may be credited up to 10 hours towards the required instrument instruction time in the integrated or modular course.
• 30 hours as pilot-incommand holding a PPL(H) on helicopters; or
• 100 hours as pilot-incommand holding a CPL(H) on helicopters; or
• 30 hours as pilot-incommand in touring motor gliders or gliders.
• Flight time: The applicant shall have completed in aeroplanes during the modular course 200 hours of flight time including at least:
• 100 hours as pilot-in-command, or 70 hours as pilot-in-command if completed during a course of integrated flying training as set out in Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 1.160 & 1.165(a) (1) through (3) and AMC FCL 1.160 & 1.165(a) (1), (2) and (3);
• 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight time as pilot-in-command, including a cross-country flight totalling at least 540 km (300 NM) in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodromes of departure shall be made;
• 10 hours of instrument instruction time, of which not more than 5 hours is to be instrument ground time; and
• 5 hours of night flight time, as set out in JAR–FCL 1.165(b).
Applicants without an instrument rating shall be given at least 25 hours dual flight instruction (see AMC FCL 1.160 & 1.165(a)(4)), including 10 hours of instrument instruction of which up to 5 hours may be instrument ground time in a BITD or a FNPT I or II or a flight simulator.
If the PIC flight time is not sufficient, an applicant for CPL Training shall meet the requirements of CPL pre-requisites by conducting PPL(A) flight training mainly on cross-country.
Theoretical Knowledge; is executed 200 hours according to JAR-FCL 1, AMC 1.470 (b).