ME- ME/IR(A) COURSE
The aim of the ME course; is to train single-engine (SE(A)), Private (PPL(A)) or Commercial (CPL(A)) licence holders to multi-engine type rating certified for single-pilot multi-engine aeroplanes.
The aim of the ME/IR(A) course; is to train single-engine instrument rating (IR(A)) holders wishing to undertake multi-engine instrument rating.
For Multi-Engine Privileges:
An applicant shall have night flying privileges and shall be PPL(A) or CPL(A) licence holder,
An applicant shall have 70 hours pilot-in-command experience,
An applicant shall hold single-engine instrument rating if wishing to undertake multi-engine instrument rating on a single-pilot multi-engine certified aeroplanes.
An applicant shall obtain the following administrative documents:
• Trainee Application Form
• Medical Fitness Report from a hospital approved by DGCA-TR / Copy of Medical Certificate (JAR-FCL Class I/II) , Blood Type Certificate
• Judicial Record & Previous Conviction Document by Ministry of Justice from own country (only for International Student Pilots)
• Residence Permission Document from police center-foreigners division (only for International Student Pilots)
• Certificate of Graduation or Diploma (Highschool/University, Piloting License)
• Passport Photocopy (In colour, readable) (only for International Student Pilots)
• Certificate of English Language Knowledge (in notarized document form)
• 16 Passport-Size Photograph
For Multi-engine Instrument Privileges:
In addition to the requirements above to fullfil “Use of English Language” as set out in JAR-FCL.
Minimum age: An applicant for a IR(A) shall be at least 18 years of age.
Applicant shall be the holder of at least “High School Degree” or equivalent which is approved by Turkish Ministry of National Education (MEB).
Medical fitness (JAR–FCL 1.145): An applicant for a CPL(A) shall hold a valid Class 1 medical certificate from a hospital authorized by DGCA-TR.
Experience and Crediting
There is no crediting.
Multi-engine (ME(A)) Class Rating? Course:
AYJET Anatolian Stars FTO conducts 8 hours ground training and a total of 7 hours of flight instruction including 6 hours flight instruction and 1 hour check flight for Single-pilot certified multi engine aeroplanes.
Multi-engine (ME/IR(A)) Instrument Course:
Ground training is not planned for this course due to the trainee is requiered to hold “Single-engine Instrument Rating” and has received 200 hours instrument ground training. 5 hours flight instruction and 1 hour check flight will be conducted for CPL(A) holder. The duration of the course is 1 week.
• Ground and flight training are organized according to the trainees’ condition as mentioned below:
• If an PPL holder applies for SE/IR the applicant must undergo;
• 200 hours theoretical knowlegde training,
• 50 hours instrument time in a single-engine aeroplane.
• If an PPL ME type and class rating holder applies for ME/IR the applicant must undergo;
• 55 hours instrument time including 15 hours in a multi-engine aeroplane
• The applicant shall undergo Multi-engine Initial Training prior to the ground and flight training mentioned above if the applicant is not a holder of ME.
• Theoretical course comprises 9 hours,
• Flight training comprises 6 hours. (1 hour check flight)
• The holder of a CPL(A) issued in accordance with ICAO or of a Course Completion Certificate for the Basic Instrument Flight Module may have the total amount of training required in paragrahs a and b above reduced by 10 hours. According to this the applicant shall undergo;
• Procedural Instrument Flight Training;
• 40 hours instrument time in a single-engine aeroplane for SE,
• 45 hours instrument time including 15 hours in a multi-engine aeroplane for ME.
• If the applicant is PPL(A) or CPL(A) holder and has SE/IR and multi-engine class and type rating as well and wishing to undertake ME/IR:
• It is accepted that the applicant has received instrument ground training due to possessing SE/IR,
• 5 hours instrument time in a single-pilot certified multi-engine aeroplane.