MODULAR ATPL(A) COURSE
The modular ATPL (A) training enables you to become an airline pilot with the ratings to be gained in an appropriate timeframes. Modular ATPL(A) training consists of Private Pilot License (PPL(A)), Commercial Pilot License (CPL(A)), Instrument Rating (IR(A)), Night Flight Rating (NR), Multi Engine (Class) Rating (CR(A)) and ATPL(A) Theoretical Training modules.
An applicant for Modular ATPL(A) course shall be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants for Modular ATPL(A) course shall hold a high school diploma or its equivalent, as a minimum requirement.
An applicant for a Modular ATPL(A) shall obtain a health report from health institution authorized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) which shows that it has a valid 1st class health conditions.
• Flight Training compromises of 45:00 flight hours and 01:30 hours Skill Test.
• Theoretical Knowledge Training compromises of 160:00 hours including the examinations.
2. NIGHT FLIGHT RATING (NR):
• Theoretical training consists of 05:00 hours.
• Night flight training consists of 05:00 flight hours.
3. INSTRUMENT RATING (IR(A))
• Before commencing the Instrument Rating Training, the applicant shall;
> have completed at least 50:00 hours of cross-country flight time as PIC in aeroplanes,
> hold the privileges to fly at night, if the IR privileges will be used at night
• Instrument rating flight training compromises of 50:00 flight hours.
• Before commencing the CPL(A) training, the applicant shall;
> have completed 150:00 hours of flight training,
> have complied with the prerequisites for the issue of a class or type rating for multi-engine aeroplanes in accordance with Subpart H of Part-FCL, if a multi-engine aeroplane is to be used on the skill test.
• CPL(A) flight training consists of 15:00 flight hours, if the applicant holds an Instrument Flight Rating.
5. MULTI-ENGINE RATING (CR(A)):
• Theoretical training consists of 08:00 hours.
• Flight training consists of 08:00 hours of class rating flight training, 05:00 hours of class rating instrument flight training and 01:00 hour of differences training.
6. ATPL(A) THEORETICAL TRAINING:
• Theoretical knowledge training consists of 654:00 hours for pilots who hold PPL(A).
• Other theoretical trainings which is directly related with flights, such as aircraft technical training, basic instrument and procedural instrument theoretical training, navigation, class rating theoretical training, safety management system (SMS), flight safety training and multi crew cooperation training (MCC) consists of totally 107:00 hours.